Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1760 - 1780
Terraced five-bay three-storey house, built c.1775, with a modern shopfront to ground floor. Now in use as commercial premises with accommodation over. Pitched artificial slate roof with a projecting eaves course and a rendered chimneystack. Smooth rendered finish to the ground floor, roughcast rendered walls to the first and second floors with smooth rendered margins to either end. Square-headed window openings with replacement windows. Central square-headed doorcase with plain overlight flanked by modern shopfronts. Road-fronted.
This substantial house, originally built has part of a formal terrace, retains its original massing despite the loss of most of its original fabric. The proportions of this building suggest that it was originally built as two separate structures, later amalgamated into a single property. The massive shared chimneystack and steeply pitched roof suggests that this building was constructed during the mid-to-late eighteenth-century.