1810 - 1850
Freestanding square-profile dovecote to the former Clonygowan House, built c.1830. Ssupported on piers with arches between piers. High level dovecote with hipped slate roof. Roughcast rendered walls with red brick eaves course. Round-headed opening to south-east facing elevation of dovecote with red brick surrounds. Round-headed blind openings to other elevations.
Although Clonygowan House no longer survives, this fine dovecote survives as a reminder of the former estate and house. Located in the front site of the house, this dovecote was designed in the manner of a folly and to be in full view of the house. Having fallen into dereliction, it was re-roofed.