Survey Data

Reg No

14928002


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1790 - 1830


Coordinates

263334, 218886


Date Recorded

07/10/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay two-storey over half-basement house, built c.1810, with two-bay two-storey addition to north-east. Four-bay elevation to rear. Hipped slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and terracotta ridge tiles. Roughcast rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills and uPVC windows. Segmental-headed door opening with replacement uPVC door, fanlight and sidelights. Door accessed up three limestone steps. Two-storey outbuilding to walled yard to north-east of house with roughcast rendered walls and a bellcote over the gable end wall. Walled garden adjacent to yard. Wrought-iron gates to front site. Wrought-iron double gates to road supported by rendered piers with limestone capstones and flanked by quadrant walls.

Appraisal

Although the windows and door have been replaced on this modest well proportioned house, it retains much of its character partly due to its setting. The original outbuildings within the walled yard, walled garden, wrought-iron railings and gate and entrance gates all contribute positively to the setting of the house.