Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1820
Detached four-bay single-storey thatched house, built c.1800, with direct-entry plan. Extension to rear with flat felt roof. Hipped oaten straw roof with decorative knotted ridge with end bobbins and exposed scolloping to ridge and eaves. Rendered concrete chimneystack. Pebbledashed clay walls. Square-headed timber sash windows. Replacement timber and glazed door.
This thatched house, like its neighbour to the north, is sited at right angles to the public road, a familiar feature of Irish vernacular houses. Its thatched roof with its lines of scolloping, part functional and part decorative, makes this building a representative example of the county's thatched heritage. The retention of timber sash windows adds to the interest of this building.