Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use

Farm house

In Use As

Farm house


1730 - 1770


256660, 233260

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached four-bay two-storey farmhouse, built c.1750, with return and extension to rear and adjoining outbuildings to north. Set within own grounds. Pitched slate roof with terracotta ridge tiles, rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Pebbledashed render to walls with smooth render to plinth. Timber sash windows with stone sills. Wrought-iron bars to ground floor windows. Some uPVC replacement windows to rear and side. Round-headed door opening with block-and-start surround, timber spoked fanlight and timber panelled door. Ranges of pitched slate outbuildings set to rear yard with rendered walls and segmental-headed integral carriage arches. Cast-iron pump to yard with limestone trough. Wrought- and cast-iron railings to front site with wrought-iron gate.


Modest in design, this fine farmhouse retains its original character with minimal intervention. The simple well proportioned façade is enhanced by the survival of its sash windows and door, while the finely executed door surround forms a subtle adornment. The outbuildings to rear, along with the iron-mongery to the front, complete this appealing domestic complex.