Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1820
Detached four-bay single-storey thatched house, built c.1800, with direct-entry plan but having screen wall to one side of entrance internally. Pitched oaten straw roof with exposed scolloping to ridge and twine to eaves. Low rendered chimneystacks. Rendered stone walls. Small openings with replacement uPVC windows and having two small windows, one at each end of rear wall. Replacement timber door. Sited at end of short avenue and facing outbuilding and having slightly-recessed outbuilding attached to road end of house. Outbuildings have pitched corrugated-iron roofs and rendered walls.
This thatched house is significant for the diminutive size of its window openings and their scarcity in its rear wall. It is attractively sited in a small yard at the end of an avenue. It retains a relatively intact traditional interior with original canopied hearth.