Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1890
End-of-terrace corner-sited five-bay two-storey house, built c.1870, with pub and shop to ground floor. Fronts directly onto street. Hipped slate roof with terracotta ridge tiles and rendered chimneystacks. Smooth render to ground floor with plinth. Pebbledash render to first floor. Rendered quoins and string course. Square-headed window openings with rendered block-and-start surrounds and painted sills. Square-headed door opening with overlight and block-and-start surround. Shopfront with rendered stallrisers, central timber door and display windows, flanked by rendered, fluted pilasters and console brackets to fascia board. Benchmark to corner wheel guard stone.
The elaborate surrounds to windows and doors and the rendered quoins reinforces the positive contribution that this building adds to Kilcormac's streetscape. The carved limestone wheel guard with inscribed benchmark is also a noteworthy addition to the streetscape.