Categories of Special Interest
1820 - 1860
Detached multiple-bay three-storey former distillery, built c.1840, with corrugated-iron projecting bay and flat-roofed extension to north-east. Now derelict. Set within its own grounds. Half-hipped slate roof with vents and terracotta ridge tiles. Random coursed walls, blackened to west. Moulded yellow brick surrounds to openings. Square-headed door openings to upper floors with timber battened doors. Interior with pulley workings still in situ and terracotta kiln tiles to part of top floor. Half-hipped outbuilding to north-east with squared coursed limestone walls and yellow brick to openings. Site bounded by random coursed walls with cut stone gate piers to east.
This distillery, which ceased production in the 1970s, is an important feature to the architectural heritage of Kilcormac. It represents the once-thriving industrial life of the town, similarly attested to by Park Mills to the east of the town. Though the distillery has become derelict since production stopped, it is in comparatively good condition with interesting features such as the pulley mechanism and kiln tiles surviving to the interior.