1925 - 1945
Freestanding carved limestone Celtic Revival high cross, erected c.1935, on carved stone base with inscription and bust. Irish and English language inscription reads; ' In Memory of Very Rev. Thomas H. Burbage PP, Priest and Patriot Curate in Geashill, 1916-1924, RIP, Erected in Recognition of his Active Participation in the Fight for Freedom '. Set behind wrought-iron railings on footpath.
This stone high cross was erected in memory of Rev. Thomas H. Burbage. With intricate carved detail and embosses, this monument is an important contributor to Geashill's streetscape. Prominently located to the north side of The Green, the open space allows for a complete appreciation of this historic feature.