1730 - 1760
Detached seven-bay three-storey country house, built c.1745, with three-bay central breakfront and later single-storey porch addition. Curved full-height projecting bay to east elevation. Hipped slate roof with carved limestone parapet and rendered chimneystacks. Ashlar limestone walls with quoins. Carved limestone and block-and-start surrounds to window openings. Timber panelled door with fanlight, flanked by engaged Ionic columns and pilaster, with cornice above.
This imposing country house is attributed to Francis Bindon and was built for Barry Barry. Architectural design and detailing are apparent in the execution of this imposing house. The architectural form of the building is articulated by the masonry detailing, which defines the breakfront, parapet and window surrounds. The later porch addition adds further artistic interest to the building, with finely carved columns, pilasters and fanlight.