Categories of Special Interest
1860 - 1900
Lighthouse, built c.1880, comprising cast-iron lantern with glazed panel, surrounded by walkway approached by ladder, set on cast-iron supports. Set within brick boundary walls. Lighthouse keeper's house and related outbuildings to the site.
This lighthouse makes a significant contribution to the surrounding landscape. It forms part of an interesting group with the related lighthouses in the area. It also forms part of a broader group with the sea safety structures in the area, such as the beacons and former lifeboat house. The lighthouse retains many original features and materials.