Categories of Special Interest
1840 - 1860
Cast-iron water tank, set on single-storey base, built c.1850, now disused. Red brick walls, with rock faced stone quoins and piers and with ashlar limestone parapet. Carved limestone arch and impost moulding surrounding openings. Cast-iron ladder leading to cast-iron water tank.
This water tower forms part of a group with the related structures at Enfield railway station. The unusual form of the tank makes it a notable addition to the site. The base of the water tower is executed with rock-faced limestone which contrasts with the carved limestone dressings and red brick walls. Enfield Station was built to serve the Midland Great Western Railway, on the Dublin to Galway line.