Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1910 - 1950
Detached single-bay two-storey signal box, built c.1930. Hipped artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls to lower level with string course between floors, with roughcast rendered walls to upper floor. Square-headed window openings with concrete sills. Replacement glazed timber door and steel steps to north-east elevation.
Enfield Station was built to serve the Midland Great Western Railway on the Dublin to Galway line. The signal box forms part of a group with the related structures at Enfield railway station. This twentieth-century building is an interesting addition to the predominantly nineteenth-century station complex. The variety of render finishes adds textural interest to the building.