Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Historical Social Technical
In Use As
1795 - 1805
Detached T-plan gable-fronted double-height court house, built c.1800. Tooled stone doorcase, comprising of Tuscan columns supporting cornice and pediment, flanking replacement door. Pitched slate roof. Roughcast rendered walls. Timber sash windows with stone sills.
This plain building, which has few architectural features, was designed by Francis Johnston. The simple form of the building is enhanced by the fine doorcase, which is well executed in carved stone. The building retains its original timber sash windows and string course.