Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical, Social, Technical
In Use As
1890 - 1910
Detached cruciform-plan church, commenced c.1820, and rebuilt c.1895, with bellcote to north-west corner. Pitched artificial slate roof with terracotta ridge cresting. Exposed stone to entrance gable, with ashlar limestone quoins and dressings. Rose window and lancet windows with stone surrounds, hood mouldings and stained glass windows. Dressed limestone pointed-arched door opening with hood moulding. Graveyard to south-west. Pair of cast-iron piers and gates to site.
Though many original features and materials have been replaced, this church retains its original form and some original features. Remodelled by William Hague at the end of the nineteenth century, the entrance elevation retains many of its fine ashlar limestone dressings, and the well executed bellcote. The site of the church is enhanced by the cast-iron piers and gates.