Survey Data

Reg No

14328046


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Technical


Original Use

Rectory/glebe/vicarage/curate's house


In Use As

House


Date

1800 - 1810


Coordinates

280137, 257238


Date Recorded

26/04/2002


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay three-storey over concealed basement former glebe, built c. 1805, with central breakfront. Single-storey entrance porch with round-headed door opening having carved stone rope moulding and carved stone hood moulding above, approached by flight of stone steps. Timber panelled door, with carved timber doorcase, having fanlight above. Roughcast rendered walls and pitched slate roof. Timber sash windows with stone sills. Range of built stone outbuildings to rear. Rubble stone boundary walls with ashlar entrance piers.

Appraisal

This substantial detached house is set back from the street in its own grounds giving it an imposing setting. The subtle breakfront and varying treatment of fenestration on each floor are apparent architectural features. The carved stone and timber doorcase adds artistic interest in this plain fa├žade. High quality stone masonry is apparent in the execution of the house, the related outbuildings and ashlar entrance piers.