Survey Data

Reg No

14325007


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Technical


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1875 - 1885


Coordinates

272675, 258226


Date Recorded

18/06/2002


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Pair of semi-detached three-bay single-storey houses, built 1880, now used as five-bay detached house. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks. Roughcast rendered walls. Timber sash windows with stone sills. Projecting brick porch. Derelict timber outbuilding with pitched corrugated-iron roof to north. Bounded by rendered wall with hexagonal carved gate piers and cast-iron gates.

Appraisal

The modest form of this former pair of houses is enhanced by the retention of many interesting features and materials such as the timber sash windows, cast-iron overlight and brick porch. The setting is enhanced by the carved limestone gate piers and cast-iron gates.