Survey Data

Reg No

14321007


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Archaeological Technical


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1680 - 1700


Coordinates

304684, 268436


Date Recorded

17/06/2002


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay single-storey house, built c.1690, with gabled porch, with single-bay extension to south gable. Pitched corrugated-iron roof and rendered chimneystack. Probably originally thatched. Rendered walls. Two-bay two-storey outbuilding adjoining house to north. Lean-to extension to rear.

Appraisal

This house was apparently in existence in 1690. This building is an interesting example of the vernacular tradition in Ireland. It is a modest house with a simple design and was constructed using local materials. Located on the village green, it contributes to the streetscape.