Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Social Technical
In Use As
1895 - 1900
Two six-bay ranges of outbuildings, built c.1898. Range to east is single-storey and range to west is two-storey. Pitched slate roofs with a red brick chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Coursed rubble stone walls with tooled stone quoins. Window and door openings have red brick reveals. Range to east renovated c.1997.
These two fine ranges display a level of design which is unusual for domestic outbuildings. Their simple forms are enhanced by the segmental-arched openings, red brick reveals, tooled quoins and dormer openings, which add architectural interest. These outbuildings together with the parochial house and church, form an interesting architectural group.