Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical, Social
Navan Post Office
In Use As
1900 - 1910
End-of-terrace two-bay single-storey former post office, built 1908, with gabled brick and stone façades. Segmental-headed window openings with lugged architraves, double keystones and timber casement windows. Recessed side entrance bay. Converted into restaurant, c.1990. Double-pitched roof, natural slates, parapets, tall brick chimney stacks, metal ridge ventilators. Red brick walls laid in Flemish bond, polished granite plinth, limestone trims including banding, coping and ball finials, illuminated plastic sign. Limestone lugged architraves, original timber casement windows. Brick piers with limestone copings surmounted by metal globe lights frame walkway to right-hand side.