Survey Data

Reg No

14009060


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

Office


In Use As

Office


Date

1910 - 1915


Coordinates

286979, 267433


Date Recorded

12/09/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

County Council Offices, built 1913, consisting of a three-bay central block flanked by projecting and gabled outer bays. Ashlar and banded rusticated limestone facades and curved pedimented doorcase. Porch added c.2000. Double pitched roof and hipped, natural slates, cast-iron ogee gutters, small louvred dormer housing. Banded rusticated and ashlar limestone, plain quoins, carved stone eaves cornice, nap render to side elevations, channelled to ground floor. Entablatures and pediments above first floor openings, uPVC casement windows, large segmental pedimented doorcase, stained glass window over inner entrance door. Wrought-iron railings with ashlar piers, rubble stone boundary wall to north.