Categories of Special Interest
1840 - 1880
Freestanding brick chimney, built c. 1860. Square in plan, tapering to top. Red brick English bond shaft, projecting tooled limestone string course towards base. Located to west side of road with derelict single-storey buildings to south.
This chimney was apparently associated with the local linen mill owned by John Foster. It is an interesting reminder of the industrial heritage of the village.