Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1730 - 1770
Attached two-bay two-storey house, built c. 1750, as a pair with the adjoining house to north. Lean-to extension to west. Pitched slate roof, clay ridge tiles, smooth rendered corbelled chimneystack, rendered verge coping to north gable, cast-iron gutter on corbelled eaves course, cast-iron downpipe. Painted smooth rendered walling, marble plaque to wall. Square-headed window openings, replacement timber six-over-six sliding sash windows with exposed cases. Square-headed door opening, painted timber vertically-sheeted door. Street fronted.
This house was built as one of a pair with its neighbour to the north. It retains interesting features, such as the sash windows with exposed cases. This modest building is full of character and plays a positive role in the built heritage of Carlingford. The building also has historical significance as it was the birthplace of Lorcan O'Muiceadonig, a priest and scholar.