Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1880
Semi-detached two-bay two-storey house, built c. 1870, now also in use as hairdresser's to ground floor. Square-plan with return to east, attached house to south. Pitched slate roof, clay ridge tiles, red brick corbelled chimneystack, uPVC gutters on exposed rafter ends, circular cast-iron downpipe. Painted smooth rendered ruled-and-lined walling, block-and-start quoins, roughcast-rendered walling to east. Square-headed window openings, painted stone sills, painted timber two-over-two sliding sash windows, uPVC replacement windows to north and east. Square-headed door opening, flanked by painted timber fluted pilasters, painted timber four-panel timber door with cast-iron furniture. Painted timber shopfront to south with fluted pilasters, fascia board, rendered stall riser, uPVC display window, painted stone sill, painted timber four-panel door. Street fronted, yard to east bounded by painted random coursed walls with corrugated-iron gates.
This modest house, together with its adjoining house form a pleasing additions to the streetscape. The simple decoration suits the modest façade.