Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
End-of-terrace single-bay two-storey former house, built c. 1820, now with shop to ground floor and offices to first and second floors. Pitched artificial slate roof, concrete ridge tiles, unpainted red brick corbelled chimneystacks, moulded cast-iron gutters on moulded corbels on painted rendered fascia. Red brick Flemish bond walling, painted lettering between first and second floors; painted smooth rendered walling to south elevation. Square-headed window openings, painted smooth rendered slightly projecting reveals and soffits, painted stone sills, gauged brick lintels, painted timber six-over-one sliding sash window to first floor, uPVC window. Shopfront, single-pane central display window on painted smooth rendered stall riser, square-headed door opening, painted timber and glazed door, plain-glazed overlight. Street-fronted.
This well-proportioned house is part of an intriguing terrace, shaped to adhere to the curve of the road and forming an important component within the streetscape of Earl Street.