Survey Data

Reg No

13702034


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1780 - 1820


Coordinates

304920, 307721


Date Recorded

18/07/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced two-bay three-storey house, built c. 1800. Pitched slate roof, clay ridge tiles, brick corbelled chimneystack, moulded cast-iron gutter on corbelled eaves course, circular cast-iron downpipe. Painted roughcast-rendered walling, painted smooth render to lower ground floor. Square-headed window openings, painted smooth rendered reveals and soffits, painted stone sills, uPVC casement windows, metal window guard to ground floor. Round-headed door opening, painted timber doorcase comprising engaged Doric columns supporting frieze, moulded cornice and spoked fanlight, timber panelled door. House fronts directly onto street, poured-concrete paving to north.

Appraisal

As an integral part of a group of three, this building is a fundamental component within the streetscape, the group representing an appealing contrast with the lower structures to their immediate west. Tall, elegant proportions are typical of architectural development in the late-eighteenth and early-nineteenth centuries and a fine timber door surround with spoke wheel fanlight adds particular interest to the fa├žade.