Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1820 - 1860


309441, 275032

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Attached two-bay three-storey house, built c. 1840. Garage extension to east. Pitched slate roof, clay ridge tiles, red brick corbelled chimneystack, uPVC gutters on continuous eaves course, circular cast-iron downpipe, slate verge coping to east gable. Squared rubble stone walling to north and south elevations, tooled ashlar limestone quoins to corners, roughcast rendered walling to east elevation; squared rubble stone walling to south elevation of garage, tooled ashlar limestone quoins. Square-headed window openings, red brick block-and-start surrounds, tooled limestone sills, painted timber six-over-six sliding sash windows, three-over-three sliding sash windows to second floor. Square-headed door opening, red brick block-and-start surround, decorative spoked overlight, painted timber door with six flat panels, cast-iron door furniture; door accessed by rendered steps, wrought-iron bootscraper. Street fronted.


This house, built as a pair with its neighbour to the west, has been well-maintained and is a good example of a townhouse from the early-nineteenth-century. The retention of the timber sliding sash windows and the door with simple, yet elegant, fanlight is worthy of particular note. The pair of houses compliment one another, and create an interesting and prominent group of structures, enhancing the architectural character of the streetscape.