Categories of Special Interest
1770 - 1780
Cut limestone weir on Camlin River, built c. 1771, having a retaining wall to on end. Located to the north of Cloondara and to the northeast of Richmond Mill/Distillery (13307011).
This well-built weir was probably originally built to provide a suitable head of water for the millrace serving Richmond Mill (13307011) to the southwest. It is a good example of the quality of late eighteenth-century engineering works and it forms part of an interesting group of structures related with Richmond Mill/Distillery.