Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1905 - 1915
Corner-sited end-of-terrace three-bay two-storey house, built 1910, with two-storey return, and late-twentieth century single-storey extension. Formerly in use as the Longford School of Commerce. One of a pair with the building adjoining to the west (13004006). Hipped slate roofs with rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted roughcast rendered walls over smooth render plinth. Square-headed window openings with moulded render surrounds/architraves and stone sills. One-over-one timber sliding sash windows and some replacement uPVC windows. Timber panelled shutters visible to interior. Square-headed entrance opening with moulded cornice, plain frieze and moulded render surround. Timber panelled door with plain overlight. Dressed limestone plinth blocks and step. Set directly on the street to the southeast of Longford Town centre.
Modest and attractive house whose symmetry has a visually pleasing appearance. It retains its scale and form, as well as much interesting fabric. The front façade is enlivened by the surrounds to the door and window openings. The traditional style of this structure, and its sympathetic maintenance allows its continued contribution to the streetscape. It forms an interesting pair of structures with the building adjacent to the west (13004006).