Survey Data

Reg No

12900912


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Library/archive


Date

1820 - 1825


Coordinates

240612, 177205


Date Recorded

26/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached single-storey gable-fronted former Methodist chapel, built c.1822, with gabled projecting porch. Extended to right. Now in use as library and hall. Double-pitched slate roof with flat roof to extension; mineral felt. Nap rendered walls, painted, with rendered quoins. Lancet-arch window openings with stone sills and multi-pane timber sash windows. Square-headed door opening with replacement timber door, c.1990. Coved cornices to ceilings. Set back from street in own grounds; gravel forecourt and concrete path to front; section of cast-iron railings to front.