Survey Data

Reg No

12900725


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

Manse


In Use As

Guest house/b&b


Date

1840 - 1865


Coordinates

243737, 184704


Date Recorded

26/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay two-storey former Methodist manse, built c.1860. Now in use as guesthouse. Double-pitched and hipped slate roof with clay ridge tiles, nap rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered walls, painted. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, six-over-six timber sash windows to ground floor, and replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995, to first floor. Round-headed door opening with replacement timber panelled door, c.1995, with fanlight. Interior not inspected. Set back from street in own grounds; landscaped grounds to site; rendered boundary wall with wrought iron railings.