Survey Data

Reg No

12900724


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Hall


Date

1820 - 1830


Coordinates

243731, 184686


Date Recorded

26/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached former Methodist church, built c.1826, with four-bay side elevation. Extended, c.1915, comprising gable-fronted range with projecting porch added. Now in use as hall. Double-pitched roof with replacement fibre-cement slate and sprocketed eaves. Double-pitched slate roof to extension. Coursed rubble limestone walls with rendered quoins. Nap rendered walls to extensions with rendered quoins. Lancet-arch window openings with limestone sills, red brick dressings, rendered surrounds, c.1990 and fixed-pane leaded stained glass windows, c.1915. Square-headed door openings with replacement timber panelled doors, c.1990, one with overlight. Interior not inspected. Set back from street in own grounds; landscaped grounds to site; section of cast-iron railings to front.