Survey Data

Reg No

12900723


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Assembly rooms


Historical Use

School


In Use As

Guest house/b&b


Date

1800 - 1830


Coordinates

243725, 184660


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Six-bay two-storey former assembly rooms, built c.1820, with single- and three-storey returns to rear. Now in use as guesthouse and restaurant. Double-pitched and hipped slate roof with clay ridge tiles, yellow brick chimneystacks with clay pots and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rubble limestone walls with ashlar quoins. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills, red brick dressings and two-over-two bipartite sash windows with overlights to ground floor. Segmental-headed door opening with red brick dressings, ashlar doorcase and timber panelled door with fanlight. Interior not inspected. Set back from street; forecourt to front; section of cast-iron railings to front.