Survey Data

Reg No

12900427


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Convent/nunnery


In Use As

Convent/nunnery


Date

1870 - 1900


Coordinates

257287, 196288


Date Recorded

25/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced twelve-bay three-storey convent, built c.1880, with integral carriageway. Extended to rear comprising five-bay two-storey return with bellcote over gable. Double-pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, red brick chimneystacks, limestone bellcote to rear with cross finial and cast-iron rainwater goods. Nap rendered walls with ruled and lined detail, painted, with rendered quoins. Coursed rubble limestone walls to rear with brick quoins. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, rendered architraves and single-pane timber sash windows. Timber Beaux-Arts-style pedimented doorcase with timber panelled double doors. Timber panelled internal shutters to window openings. Street fronted; concrete footpath to front; section of wrought iron railings to front.