Survey Data

Reg No

12900423


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Church/chapel


Date

1760 - 1770


Coordinates

257370, 196223


Date Recorded

25/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached Gothic Revival Church of Ireland church, built 1764, with tower. Renovated, c.1880, with projecting porch, chancel and vestry projection added. Double-pitched slate roof with stone coping and cast-iron rainwater goods. Roof to tower not visible behind castellated parapet with pinnacles. Roughcast rendered walls with limestone ashlar buttresses and cornice. Limestone ashlar dressings to tower, snecked limestone to chancel. Lancet-arch window openings with limestone sills, limestone surrounds and fixed-pane diamond-leaded stained glass windows. Lancet-arch door openings with timber panelled double doors. Interior not inspected. Church is set back from street in own grounds on a part-elevated site; landscaped grounds to site with various cut stone grave markers, c. 1770 - c. 1900; limestone ashlar boundary wall to front with cast-iron railings. Gateway to site comprising monolithic piers with cast-iron gates.