Survey Data

Reg No

12900306


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Convent/nunnery


In Use As

Convent/nunnery


Date

1870 - 1900


Coordinates

245504, 207412


Date Recorded

24/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached five-bay three-storey convent, built c.1880, on an L-shaped plan with central breakfront having statue over. Extended, c.1975, with projecting porch and end bays added. Extended, c.1980, with single-storey garage added to right and conservatory added to rear. Double-pitched and hipped roof with nap rendered chimneystacks with decorative yellow clay pots and projecting eaves band on corbels. Flat-roof to porch and to conservatory. Nap rendered walls, painted, with granite quoins to advanced bays and limestone ashlar niches with statue. Square-headed window openings with granite sills, replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1990, to front and original single-pane timber sash windows to remainder. Tripartite to first floor end bays in granite surrounds. Interior not inspected. Set back from street in own grounds; forecourt to front; section of steel railings to front; section of cast-iron railings to rear.