Survey Data

Reg No

12900206


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Public house


Date

1750 - 1800


Coordinates

254222, 212664


Date Recorded

24/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached five-bay three-storey Georgian house, built c.1780, on a corner site. Renovated, c.1900, with ground floor partly remodelled to accommodate commercial use. Double-pitched replacement fibre-cement slate roof with square rooflight, nap rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Nap rendered walls with ruled and lined detail, painted, rendered quoins and rendered fascia to first floor. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, replacement steel casement windows to ground and to first floor and two-over-two timber sash windows to top floor. Round-headed door opening with block-and-start surround and replacement timber panelled door, c.1975, with fanlight. Entrance Hall: plaster ceiling without cornice; Stair Hall: carved timber dog-leg staircase with barley-sugar and square balusters. Street fronted; concrete footpath to front. Detached outbuilding to site.