Survey Data

Reg No

12900204


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Hall


Date

1820 - 1835


Coordinates

254296, 212657


Date Recorded

23/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached late-Georgian-style former Church of Ireland church, built c.1830. Deconsecrated, c.1885. Spire removed, 1924. Now in use as community hall. Double-pitched replacement fibre-cement tiled roof with galvanised-steel box rainwater goods. Coursed rubble limestone walls with ashlar plinth, quoins, stringcourse and coping. Round-headed window openings with limestone sills, limestone voussoirs and replacement metal-framed casement windows, c.1940. Round-headed door opening with replacement timber panelled door, c.1980, with overpanel. Full-height interior; decorative plaster rosette to ceiling; decorative plaster arch to chancel. Street fronted at right angles to street; tarmacadam forecourt to front elevation; limestone jostle stone to corner; grass verge to street elevation.