Survey Data

Reg No

12900202


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Public house


Date

1780 - 1810


Coordinates

254148, 212631


Date Recorded

23/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced five-bay three-storey house, built c.1800, with integral carriageway. Extensively renovated, c. 1880, with timber pubfront inserted to ground floor. Now in commercial use. Double-pitched slate roof with nap rendered chimneystack with decorative yellow clay pots and cast-iron rainwater goods. Nap rendered walls, painted, with rendered quoins to left and rendered cornice to first floor. Segmental-headed window openings with stone sills and rendered architrave hood mouldings to first floor and two-over-two timber sash windows. Segmental-headed door opening with carved timber doorcase and timber panelled door with overlight. Elliptical-headed integral carriageway and tongue-and-groove timber panelled double doors. Pubfront comprises square-headed door opening with timber and glazed door flanked by display windows and pilaster and projecting entablature Interior not inspected. Street fronted; concrete footpath to front with limestone-flagged paving to front of carriageway; limestone step to entrance.