Categories of Special Interest
1690 - 1740
Detached five-bay two-storey over basement Georgian house, built c.1730, with pedimented central breakfront. Now derelict. Roof gone, originally double-pitched, M-profile, with cast-iron rainwater goods. Nap rendered over rubble limestone walls, painted, with rendered cornice to eaves, brick construction visible to rear, limestone course to eaves. Square-headed window openings with stone sills and remains of six-over-six timber sash windows to first floor. Diocletian window opening to first floor and oculus window to pediment. Round-headed door opening with sidelights, fittings now gone. Interior now derelict; timber panelled internal shutters to some window openings; traces of plaster ceilings. House is set back from road in own grounds; limestone ashlar boundary wall to front; flight of limestone steps to entrance; overgrown grounds to rear.