Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical
In Use As
1770 - 1780
Detached seven-bay three-storey over basement Classical style country house with dormer attic, begun 1773, with pedimented breakfront having cut stone Doric doorcase to ground floor. Five-bay elevation to garden front with breakfront having cut sandstone doorcase and Wyatt style window openings to flanking bays. Two-bay single-storey wing to west, renovated c. 1840, with façade enrichments added. Extended to west, post-1902, comprising seven-bay single-storey wing with breakfront having three-bay advanced centre bay. Balustraded forecourt, c. 1840, to north. Formal gardens, post-1839, to south comprising series of artificial terraces with balustrades, flights of steps and ha-has.