Survey Data

Reg No

12802110


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

School


In Use As

House


Date

1830 - 1900


Coordinates

224712, 187492


Date Recorded

20/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached C-plan seven-bay two-storey former school, built c.1870, with gabled projecting porch and stair return. Extended comprising single- and two-storey ranges with conservatory added. Now in residential use. Double-pitched and hipped slate roof with nap rendered chimneystacks, sprocketed eaves and cast-iron rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered walls, painted, nap rendered to one wall; ruled and lined; aedicules to first floor with statues. Round-headed window openings with stone sills and replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1990. Square-headed window openings to side elevations. Replacement glazed uPVC door, c.1990. Interior not inspected. Set back from road in own grounds at right angles to road; tarmacadam forecourt to front; roughcast boundary wall. Gateway to site comprising roughcast piers with cast-iron double gates.