Survey Data

Reg No

12801404


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

School


In Use As

House


Date

1865 - 1870


Coordinates

261220, 200388


Date Recorded

20/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached nine-bay single- and two-storey school, dated 1868, on a symmetrical plan comprising three-bay two-storey gabled central block with three-bay single-storey flanking classroom wings. Extended to rear comprising single-storey return. Double-pitched and half-hipped slate roof with clay ridge combs, nap rendered chimneystacks, ashlar coping, cast-iron rainwater goods and open bargeboards. Mono-pitched to extension with metal sheeting. Roughcast rendered walls, painted with stone plinth (painted) and red brick quoins. Niche to gabled bay having inscribed plaque; red brick buttresses and rendered stringcourse to centre. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills, red brick surrounds and timber casement windows. Pointed-arch door openings with timber panelled doors. Interior not inspected. Set back from road in own grounds; tarmacadam yard to site; rubble stone boundary wall to front; cast-iron gates.