Categories of Special Interest
1800 - 1840
Remains of detached two-storey over basement Italianate house, built c.1835, with entrance bay to centre having full-height flanking bows. Burnt down c.1887. Now in ruins with basement filled-in. Site of former winter garden to site. Now dismantled. No roof. Nap rendered rubble limestone and brick walls with ruled and lined detail, rendered quoins, limestone stringcourse and rendered cornice to first floor. Brackets to eaves and limestone blocking course. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills, rendered lugged architraves with pediments (triangular and segmental) to ground floor. Limestone Doric doorcase; fittings now gone. Interior now in ruins. Set back from road in own grounds; grounds now in use as tillage field. Stable complex, pair of detached gate lodges, gateway and site of former winter garden to site.