Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1900
Terraced four-bay two-storey former house, built c. 1889, with traditional-style timber shopfront inserted c. 1990, with integrated carriage arch to east, in use as commercial premises. Pitched artificial slate roof, clay ridge tiles, three rendered chimneystacks with clay pots. Replacement metal gutter, cast-iron downpipe. Painted ruled-and-lined rendered walling. Square-headed window openings, moulded render architrave surrounds, painted sills and replacement aluminium windows. Symmetrical traditional-style timber shopfront comprising pair of fixed-pane display windows on timber sill and panelled stall riser with central glazed timber door, all flanked by panelled pilasters supporting timber fascia and cornice over. Replacement vertically-sheeted timber doors to carriage arch.
A terraced building which despite having lost some of its external historic fabric, retains its façade composition and original plot size, and is enlivened by a sympathetic contemporary shopfront. It is an integral part of the urban fabric of Main Street and enhances the streetscape of the historic core of the town.