Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1910 - 1920
Semi-detached two-bay two-storey house, built c. 1915, with full-height canted bay, rebuilt c. 2005, single-storey bay to gable elevation, two-storey rendered return with single-storey extensions, in use as offices. Pitched artificial slate roof, hipped return, terracotta ridge tiles, red brick chimneystack to west gable rendered above the roofline, replacement metal gutter and square-profile cast-iron downpipe. Painted red brick wall laid in English garden wall bond, stretcher bond to bay, with projecting brick eaves and plinth course and blind recessed panels below first floor windows, ruled-and-lined render to west gable, smooth cement render to remainder, square-headed window openings with rock-faced granite lintels and concrete sills, round-headed front entrance formed by rock-faced granite with granite keystone and redbrick impost mouldings. uPVC windows and original timber door with leaded glazing and sidelights and cylinder glass to overlight. Door opening onto original tiled area and two granite steps, garden enclosed to street by wrought-iron pedestrian gate and railing on granite plinth wall, pair of tall red brick piers with granite capstones to west and gravel drive to semi-detached two-bay former coach house rebuilt 2007.
One of ten semi-detached, substantial and well-proportioned early twentieth century townhouses that form an attractive and elegant assemblage along Kellyville Park. They retain their historic appearance and much of their original external fabric. The retention of the group's original railings adds to its streetscape value. The houses stand out in the otherwise modest streetscape and make a positive contribution to the architectural landscape of the periphery of Portlaoise.