Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1910 - 1920
Semi-detached two-bay two-storey house, built c. 1915, with full-height canted bay, single-storey bay to gable elevation, two-storey return and single-storey brick extension, now in use as offices. Pitched artificial slate roof, hipped return, terracotta ridge tiles, red brick chimneystack to east gable rendered above the roofline, replacement metal gutter and original square-profile cast-iron downpipe. Painted red brick wall laid in English garden wall bond with projecting brick eaves and plinth course and blind recessed panels below first floor windows, yellow brick to rear elevation , square-headed window openings with rock-faced granite lintels and concrete sills, round-headed front entrance formed by rock-faced granite with granite keystone and redbrick impost mouldings. uPVC windows, original timber doorcase with leaded glazing sidelights and overlight. Door opening onto tiled area and two granite steps, garden enclosed to street by wrought-iron pedestrian gate and railing on granite plinth wall. Pair of tall red brick piers with granite capstones to west framing wrought iron vehicular gate and gravel drive to former semi-detached coach house.
One of ten semi-detached, substantial and well-proportioned early twentieth century townhouses that form an attractive and elegant assemblage along Kellyville Park. They retain their historic appearance and much of their original external fabric . The retention of the group's original railings adds to its streetscape value. They stand out in the otherwise modest streetscape and make a positive contribution to the architectural landscape of the periphery of Portlaoise.