Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Historical Social
1815 - 1820
Site of Board of First Fruits Church of Ireland church, built 1818. In use, 1903. Demolished, post-1903, possibly retaining overgrown foundations. Set back from road with random rubble stone boundary wall to perimeter of site having rubble stone coping, rubble stone piers, and iron gate. (ii) Graveyard to site with various cut-stone markers, post-1818-post-1903, with some having sections of iron railings to enclosures.
The site of a church built following sponsorship by the Board of First Fruits (fl. c.1711-1833) representing an important element of the architectural heritage of the environs of Clonmore and Turkstown on account of the status as a reminder of the once prosperous Church of Ireland community in the locality. An attendant graveyard forming an appealing, if increasingly obscure landmark in a rural setting includes a number of markers of artistic design merit displaying high quality craftsmanship.