Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic, Historical, Social

Original Use



1790 - 1810


266888, 151082

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached two-bay single-storey single-cell Church of Ireland church, c.1800, with single-bay single-storey lower porch/vestry to north. In ruins, 1903. Pitched roofs now gone with rubble stone bellcote to apex to west (having round-headed aperture with fittings now missing), and no rainwater goods surviving on cut-limestone eaves. Remains of unpainted roughcast lime rendered walls over random rubble stone construction with dressed limestone quoins to corners. Round-headed window openings with fittings (including sills) now missing (cut-limestone sill to porch/vestry). Square-headed door opening with cut-limestone surround, and fittings now missing. Set back from road in own ground with random rubble stone boundary wall to perimeter of enclosure having rubble limestone coping, rubble stone piers, and iron double gates. (ii) Graveyard to site with group of cut-stone markers, c.1800-pre-1903.


A small-scale parish church of modest architectural aspirations surviving as an important reminder of the once-prosperous Church of Ireland community in the locality. Although having fallen into ruin following closure in the late nineteenth century the survival of many of the attributes gives an indication as to the original composition make-up of the church. Enhancing the setting value of the composition in a rural setting an enclosure contains a group of markers of some artistic design interest displaying fine stone masonry.