Categories of Special Interest
1700 - 1839
Farmyard complex, extant 1839, including (east): Detached four-bay single-storey outbuilding on a rectangular plan. Now disused. Hipped gabled corrugated-iron roof with pressed iron ridges, and no rainwater goods surviving on rendered stepped eaves retaining cast-iron downpipes. Lime rendered battered walls with concealed cut- or hammered limestone flush quoins to corners. Square-headed central "loops". Square-headed door openings with cut-granite surrounds framing timber boarded half-doors; (south): Detached thirteen-bay single-storey outbuilding with half-attic on a rectangular plan. Now disused. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, and remains of cast-iron rainwater goods on cut-granite eaves. Lime rendered walls. Segmental-headed central carriageways with concealed red brick voussoirs centred on cut-granite keystones. Square-headed door openings with cut-granite thresholds, and cut-granite surrounds having chamfered reveals framing timber boarded doors. Square-headed flanking window openings with cut-granite sills, and concealed red brick block-and-start surrounds framing remains of timber fittings. Set in grounds shared with Mountrothe House.
A farmyard complex contributing positively to the group and setting values of the Mountrothe House estate.